3000 N100 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3000 N100 battery

3000 N100 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. Empty
PostSubject: Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.   Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:58 pm

This can be a tiny bluetooth GPS receiver i always bought from Mobile Excitement Ltd, I bought this in order to connect to my O2 XDA 2i PDA and it also cost around £ forty. I was intially seeking on google for cheap GPS receivers which came up as the most affordable. I thought at that price they'll be a catch, and this catch usually being awful performance, but I was pleasantly surprised! This thing really works, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews within this device I created very little other compared to the reviews from Mobile Pleasurable Ltd, which I was unwilling to trust for nervous about them being somewhat biased. We thought for £ 40 I'll have a chance and so bought, all credit to Mobile or portable Fun the receiver arrived the next morning. Upon opening the box I was just a little disappointed, all the there was by way of instructions was a smaller sheet of paper that were loosely translated from Japanese to English by way of a dyslexic toddler. You can download the operator manual from here along with the Tomtom pairing manual via here. After following these instructions you'll have it set up instantly. Another thing I noticed was that there is no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere within the device or the packaging, which makes searching for support quite difficult.
A nice touch this particular little device is that should be supplied with a battery that is common to a lot of Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer electric battery, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means that you could get replacement batteries for these receivers relating to £ 4 which is good to grasp should you need one particular.
What's In The Compartment?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v For Car Adapter (USB) x1 Simple Instructions x1 Battery x1 UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS Charging Cable x1
Set up
Provided you follow any limited instructions for pairing together with your device, and the Tomtom put in place instructions, you should be uploaded and functioning in less than 5 min's. I have only accused the receiver once since i have bought it about only two months ago, the battery just seems to last forever! The supplied in automotive charger and USB cable shows that the receiver can be charged on the go from a 12v source and could also be charged from any LAPTOP OR COMPUTER or laptop. From cold launch the receiver aquires any usuable GPS signal exremely instantly, quicker than most for the really expensive GPS receivers that I've come in contact with. The device is extremely small which enables it to easily fit into any space in your own car, or even your pocket when you're using it for walking or cycling.
One small problem I did have is that whenever using it with my XDA 2i typically the Tomtom software would sometimes freeze and cause me to give up the car, reboot a phone, then carry relating to my journey. At first I thought this was caused by the XDA losing its experience of the bluetooth receiver and therefore confirming my fears about variances this product. It quickly became obvious that this was not the case and it was for that matter an issue with my PDA and also Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround with this issue between the Tomtom software program and my XDA that allows the whole system to the office flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' about this workaround shortly as I am sure many other XDA 2i users share the equivalent problem.
I do know there's a known issue when working with any bluetooth GPS receivers along with the O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) a result of the bluetooth stack settings that will be shipped with the phone, please be aware for this before buying this device as you sure to encounter situations.
Key Features
Compatible having TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS software packages. 12 parallel satellite-tracking stations for fast acquisition together with reacquisition. Provides superior nav performance in city climates. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides a lot more than 10 hours of endless use. Unit can be charged considering the included car charger while still available. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge not just the Bluetooth GPS Receiver but probably compatible PDAs & Smart Phones using the same charger. 3 colours Resulted in show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities about this device.
Specifications
GPS individual: L1, C/A code, 12 stations Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) or even better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) or even betterTTFF (Time to Primary Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) / 60s (95% possibility) Comfy Start: 35s (average) / 40s (95% possibility) Sizzling Start: 2s (minimum) / 6s (95% possibility) Position accuracy: Standard Positioning Services (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: approx. 5m Measurement data production: Update time: 1 2nd NMEA output protocol: V. 3. 01 Baud price: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Kind: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Energy consumption: 75mA (average) Bluetooth: Bluetooth version 1. two compliant Class 2 company (up to 10 metre range) Serial Slot Profile (SPP) Output incurable: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Form: Built in Patch Antenna Electric: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer electric battery, built-in charger LED: Energy (red), GPS (green), Bluetooth (blue) Dimension: 64(L) x 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Working temperature: -20° C ~ +60° D Storage temperature: -20° D ~ +60° C; Electric battery: -20° C ~ +45° D
Conclusion
A great little system that performs well beyond its cost structure. Check if there is any known difficulty with your device and bluetooth GPS receivers before purchase as this you will save a lot of head aches. The only thing that lets the pills down is zero documentation and online program, other than this worthy the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews score: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://3000-n100.forumotion.com

Bluetooth GPS Receiver Review.
Page 1 of 1